Personal Makeup Course
Duration: One session of 2.5 hours, longer for more than one participant.
- Skin care knowledge
- Recognize the best colours and tones that suit you
- Techniques for daily makeup for:
- Choosing and applying the right eyeshadow
- Choosing and applying the eyeliner
- Curling lashes and applying mascara
- Drawing eyebrows
- Choosing and applying the correct foundation
- Applying the blusher
- “Sculpting” your face through shading and highlighting techniques
- Concealing your imperfections
- Choosing and applying the right lipstick
A 10-piece travel brush set (image below for illustration purposes, actual set might vary slightly)
A set of Eyeshadow + Blusher palette
Been wanting to attend a makeup class to understand the basics that would work for me instead of spending time watching online tutorials and spending money buying products which may not be suitable for my skin. Really glad to have attended the Personal Makeup Course yesterday! At first I thought the 3-hr duration was long but time flew by so quickly! Jovie explained the different types of skincare and make-up products in a very simplified manner with examples and also recommended products that would work for my skin type. This is really helpful for newbies like myself. She's also brand-agnostic so the product recommendations are based on what works well.
I had a one on one session with Jovie and it was a life changing experience. Before even meeting her, she was very good at suggesting what to bring to our session (makeup or skincare I currently use, and I highly recommend bringing your arsenal because you’ll see your makeup in a whole new way after Jovie walks you thru). She was always prompt to answer my emails as well! So super high marks on customer service! Jovie is a warm, attentive and knowledgeable instructor. Her studio is well lighted, spacious and very welcoming. I especially appreciated her tutorial on color schemes and combinations before delving into full makeup. I loved that while she had several brands to try on, she never once tried to steer me towards one or the other but offered sincere feedback on quality, cons and pros and wasn’t shy about discussing preferences on cosmetics based on personal experience. Her hands-on approach was also very unique - she doesn’t just apply the makeup on you, she encourages you to play around and apply it on yourself, while walking you thru better techniques, tricks and tips on how to’s. I thoroughly enjoyed my session and she even spent an additional 30 minutes with me - I was having so much fun I did not even notice the time. I wanted Jovie to help me disguise my sunken, tired looking eyes and I walked away with a great technique to address that issue, while also feeling I could apply this lesson on future makeup purchases. I feel I can walk into a store and actually purchase items that compliment me! I highly recommend her sessions, you will leave feeling better about your skincare and makeup routine. Thank you Jovie!!Alejandra
I signed up for the Personal Makeup Course with my daughter as she is interested in makeup and I don’t have experience with it. Jovie taught us about skin care and showed us what colours suited each of our skin tones. We learnt about products that we could use and how to create different looks using the brush set that was given to us. Jovie was friendly, patient and attentive. My daughter and I had a very enjoyable and informative afternoon. My daughter looks so polished after the course 😊 Highly recommended!Chee Mei
- Note that this is a makeup course for personal usage; we do not conduct professional makeup courses.
- We DO NOT SELL MAKE UP PRODUCTS; we are solely focused on teaching the right way to do make up for personal usage
- The course will be conducted in our studio in Tiong Bahru by Jovie.
- Timing for the course is flexible and can be arranged subject to the makeup artist’s availability.
- Course participants are encouraged to come with fresh face without makeup.
- All make up materials will be provided during the course.
- Courses are usually conducted in one-to-one session. However, you can bring your friends to attend as a group and enjoy group discount.
- Maximum participants are limited to four people to ensure adequate attention is given to everyone.
- The time slot is only reserved upon a deposit payment of 50%.
- For details on the available time slot, please contact us.
- Please refer below for the details of the course, including syllabus and course fee.